Sunday, March 14, 2010

RIP: WE SMOKE FAGS


Somehow I've forgotten about these guys, until I recently learned that the band has taken a break. This was the last blog post on their myspace page:

Hello, Joey here. I've been getting a lot of emails regarding our whereabouts, I couldn't leave you lot in the dark any longer.

I'm sorry to say that We Smoke Fags have decided to take a permanent hiatus- we never split up, but over the last 6 months we have all individually been working on other projects.

I'd like to say on behalf of all of us-the last three years have been amazing and thank you for your all your support.

We Smoke Fags never really had much exposure in the mainstream music press, yet somehow we managed to gain almost 3 Million individual myspace plays,
play all over the world (sorry if we didn't make it to your country), release a single and confuse some people along the way (See the 'What's in a Name'- blog). Not bad work for a band that started for fun one 2006 afternoon in a Stockwell bedroom.
Below is the video for the track Eastenders plus 2 tracks to download.

No comments:

Post a Comment